As a long-time Tucsonan and a new member of the Board of Directors of Tohono Chul, I am asking you to consider donating to our Annual Fund and to share some of the reasons why your tax-deductible contribution to this year’s Fund is so critical. From the installation and maintenance of our beautiful gardens to the lights that illuminate our exhibit galleries, the Annual Fund provides unrestricted funds to meet everyday expenses that can never be fully covered by admissions and retail sales revenues alone.
Here are just a few examples of what your gift can do:
- $50 could purchase 20 plant labels to identify and describe water-wise plants from our greenhouse
- $150 could cover the purchase of 100 luminarias for Bloom Night
- $200 could replace a weather-damaged tree
- $750 could provide water to our gardens for one week in winter
- $1000 could provide for the cost of one week’s electric bill during the holiday season
I hope you will agree that a gift to Tohono Chul’s Annual Fund is a wonderful way to express your commitment Tohono Chul’s mission—enriching people’s lives by connecting them with the wonders of nature, art and culture in the Sonoran Desert region and inspiring wise stewardship of the natural world.
Please join me today by making a contribution to the 2012 Fall Annual Fund. With your generous gift we will plan our future with confidence and continue to preserve and enhance our precious “desert corner.”
Darryl B. Dobras
Board of Directors, Tohono Chul
Donations made be made by calling 742-6455 x.243 or by visiting www.tohonochulannualfund.org